A deadly combination for me: somewhat sick, very tired, a vague amount of work to do, and a fantasy TV show with an entire first season on Hulu. And thus my past two days have been sucked away by resting in my room and watching all 12 episodes of Merlin, season 1.
This BBC fantasy show is a retelling of the Arthurian legends, of which I have learned a lot about in the past few days, mostly through Wikipedia and Youtube clips of the cast discussion/exploring the history of King Arthur and the titular Merlin. The young Merlin is played by deceptively tall, vaguely elfish Colin Morgan (in one Youtube clip: “Your cheekbones are kicking right off in this shot, mate.” “Are they?” “Oh yeah.” “You likin’ them?” “Hellooo ladies!”), but I have to admit that I’m a bigger fan of the more dashing/more of a prat Prince Arthur (not king yet), played by Bradley James, who’s hilarious behind the scenes.
Some random things found while trolling the internet.
Also, the faces of budding young princes Arthur and Simba.
My sister and I (and my dog) went out to the front yard to do our cartwheels. Both of us already know how — I learned in dance class when I was six, and my sister does them capoeira-style. I did a couple one-handed, too.
Things that have happened since I last blogged:
– went to SF with my family for Mother’s Day dinner
– made biscuits
– met with my academic advisor and decided he was awesome
– panicked about my outline for my 12 page PWR paper
– did my outline quite terribly, but finished it nonetheless
– saw Harlem Duet and decided it was amazing
– lost brain and common sense
– lost phone
– went insane
– recovered brain, but common sense is still out there somewhere, as is phone
– sketchily disappeared and bought a cheesecake
– haphazardly planned and threw a surprise birthday party for Seth
– studied organic chemistry. A LOT.
First, to clarify that last status line: Gerke stopped by earlier today, looked around the room in the sketchiest manner possible, shushed me, and put two beers on my dresser and ran away. So… I’m just going to leave them there until he comes back for them…?
Other than that, life has pretty much sped up to supersonic speed and I really hope I can keep up. Mmm… more on that later. I’m falling asleep.